Monday, January 31, 2011

All About Bears

Last week our class did a unit on hibernation and bears. We had so much fun with it! I made this super-cute hibernation KWL chart to encourage students' prior knowledge, as well as to guide our hibernation "research" throughout the week.


I used Post-It notes to record student responses,
that way I can use this chart again next year. :)

I also made a Venn Diagram to compare Jan Brett's The Three Snow Bears,


and Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Caralyn Buehner. I can't find the picture of my chart...as soon as I find it I'll be sure to upload it!

Don't worry - as any good early childhood educator would, I read Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin Jr.

We had a BEAR-y super fun week!

Link up to ABC & 123




No comments:

Post a Comment